Thursday, March 17, 2011

Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

A sweet lady I work with sent me this devotional today:

"The process of discovering, processing, purifying, and shaping gold is
a lengthy, painstaking process. Affliction is gold in the making for
the child of God, and God is the one who determines how long the
process takes. He alone is the Refiner.

All whom God uses greatly are first hidden in the secret of
His presence, away from the pride of man. It is there our vision
clears. It is there the silt drops from the current of our life and our
faith begins to grasp His arm. Abraham waited for the birth of Isaac.
Moses didn't lead the Exodus until he was eighty. Elijah waited beside
the brook. Noah waited 120 years for rain. Paul was hidden away for
three years in Arabia. The list doesn't end. God is working while His
people are waiting, waiting, waiting."

I know that God is working elsewhere while I wait; he's just getting things ready. And while I wait for him to reveal his plan for the next stage of my life, there are plenty of things that he is working out in me. He's refining my body, mind, and spirit right now. It's definitely a battle, a fight, all day long. I heard a quote the other day that is helping me to stay in the secret of his presence during this time:

"When you wake up and are struggling to want to get up and read the Word and meet with Jesus....remember that the King of the Universe has something to say to you for only this day. If you don't get up and meet with him, you might miss it! And you really don't want to miss it."

All of that to say, yes, I'm waiting right now. But the waiting is not in vain, nor is it purposeless. Is it hard? Oh my goodness, yes! There are days I can barely contain myself with the restlessness in my spirit. Then there are days full of joy and peace. 

Here is the song that is carrying me through today:

   1. ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
      Just to take Him at His Word;
      Just to rest upon His promise,
      And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
        
 * Refrain:
            Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
            How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
            Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
            Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

   2. Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
      Just to trust His cleansing blood;
      And in simple faith to plunge me
      ’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

   3. Yes, ’tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
      Just from sin and self to cease;
      Just from Jesus simply taking
      Life and rest, and joy and peace.

   4. I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
      Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
      And I know that Thou art with me,
      Wilt be with me to the end.

No comments: