Monday, February 1, 2010

Philippians goodness...

Today I read Philippians. It's lovely!

Words that stuck out to me...

Partnership in the Gospel

May your love abound more in knowledge and depth of insight, so you are able to discern what is best

What does it matter? The important thing is that Christ is preached!

Strive together with one accord for the faith of the Gospel, without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you.

"God works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." 2:13

That verse leads me to ask this question: What is his good purpose?

As I sit and thought and asked for wisdom to understand, all I heard was...

LOVE.

God's good purpose is to LOVE us and use us to LOVE others.

Simply LOVE.

"For as I have often told you before and now tell you again, even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ." 3:18

Am I moved to tears because people don't know Christ?

"Forgetting what is behind.." 3:13

Jesus, help me forget what is behind.

Help me receive your GRACE.

"And we eagerly await a Savior..." 3:20

Do I awake each morning and live each afternoon and lay down each night in eagerness to meet my Savior?

Jesus, teach me these things. May my love abound more in knowledge and depth of insight. Place these truths like a seal upon my heart so that they will transform my life. Teach me your ways oh Lord.

Oh, how I love you!

No comments: