Friday, January 29, 2010

I Was Made for Loving You

I've always wanted to be a writer. Most writers have a specific audience, topic, or object they write to or about. Some people write for women or children. Some people write about theology, history, philosophy, gardening, cooking, or health. Others simply write about the daily occurrences in their lives. Most people, however, write about what they value, what they are passionate about, what stirs their soul.

As I sit here and think about what stirs my soul, what makes me giggle with joy, cry with empathy, and live with reckless abandonment, I am moved to only one conclusion.....

Jesus Christ.

However, I realize that I have been valuing people, accomplishment, personal recognition, health, and happiness more than I  value the Gospel.

The moment I realize I do not feel a deep desperate need for my Savior...
an intense longing to be united with Him...
a burning inside that makes me want to scream...
a simple realization that I am nothing with out Him...
a peaceful joy knowing I am loved and treasured by my Maker...

When I realize these thoughts and feelings no longer take part in me on a regular basis...

That's when I know I need to sit...
be still...
know that He is God...
listen...
let him romance me...
and pursue my heart...
to surrender...
confess...
repent...
seek his face...
read his promises...
be reminded of truth...
set my affections on him...
take my eyes off myself...
take my eyes off the world...
take my eyes off of others...
put my eyes on him...
let him captivate me again...
accept his grace and love...
be humbled...
broken...
set apart...
made holy...
renewed...
restored and redeemed...
believe...

And this is where I'm at.

In need of renewal, humility, to be broken, to be restored, and to fall in love again.

Oh God, awaken in me a passion for your name again! I long to desire you like I used to. But I have strayed. I have sought the things of this world. I have lived for my own selfish pride.

And I am left laying on the floor...
defeated...
distracted...
discouraged...

And I am reminded that your grace is sufficient for all.

Even me.

Thank you my sweet Jesus.

No comments: